Apple hosted the Apple Design Awards and recognized nine iOS developers for outstanding artistry, technical achievement, user interface and application design. The developers represent companies large and small, located all over the world including Australia, Austria, England, France, Italy, Lithuania and the US. The winning apps represent a wide range of categories spanning photo editing, drawing, medical imaging, sports and games. Each one offers a unique approach to user interface design, sound design, graphics, controls or gameplay and take advantage of breakthrough Apple technologies such as haptics, Metal or Core ML.
“iOS developers keep raising the bar. This year, we are especially proud to see so many apps and games putting health, fitness, creativity and exciting gameplay at the center of their app experience,” said Ron Okamoto, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations. “We congratulate all the Apple Design Award winners on their incredible creativity and ingenuity.”
1. Flow by Moleskine is a place to sketch ideas, capture thoughts and explore creativity without interruption or distraction.
2. Pixelmator Photo by Pixelmator Team is a cutting edge photo editor that leverages the power of CoreML to allow users to enhance photos like a pro.
3. “Thumper: Pocket Edition” by Drool delivers an immersive musical gaming experience with classic arcade action, blistering speed and intense physicality.
The nine winning apps follow a tradition of delivering groundbreaking user experiences within emerging and mature categories. Past Apple Design Award winners have transformed the way people experience the world through their Apple devices. Design excellence has helped revolutionize apps such as speech translation (iTranslate Converse), illustration (Procreate), anatomical learning (Complete Anatomy) and interactive entertainment (“Florence” and “Alto’s Odyssey”).
1. In “Asphalt 9: Legends” from Gameloft, gamers use innovative controls to race in some of the world’s most beautiful hypercars.
2. “The Gardens Between” by The Voxel Agents is an artful single-player adventure puzzle game about time, memory and friendship.
3. HomeCourt by NEX Team is the future of basketball training. HomeCourt uses CoreML to track, record and provide deep analysis of basketball shots and workouts using only the iPhone camera.
Retrieved from Apple Newsroom